Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMDR

Status
Not open for further replies.

voipman

Technical User
Jan 9, 2005
US
I have MICS units at various locations, do they have a SMDR port that I would be able to do call acounting through?

SMDR is an add on, it will put out raw data of which you could import to another program.

So I have to actually purchase something that will pump out the SMDR? I am in the early stages of purchasing a call accounting package, but the vendor asked does you Norstar put out SMDR? I assumed it did but didn't know where the connection would be made to the key system.

SMDR looks like an ATA, it connects to a port on the system and has a serial connection to a PC or printer port.

Ok great, so I guess I would just take that output from the SMDR and connect it to the buffer box that would have to be put on site.

my understanding is that the SMDR pips out in hyperterminal, you can capture the raw data and look at it and also export it to an Excel file. Once the SMDR is connected to a computer then a Cash Accounting software (which should be compatible with Nortel) should capture the Data. It works great for hotel/motel or where you need to allocate billing. You can set up the Norstar and alocate codes to your user, which they will have to enter to make long distance calls.

Sam173

A CTA 100 does the same as an SMDR and it also gives the user the ability to have a call productivity suite. Free on the CD provided. This add-on software alllows call mgmt control on tapi compliant programs. (ACT! - Outlook)If you were to use an SMDR make sure it is the latest version (SMDR6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back