Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMDR hidden feature - enable via Telnet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

AH64Armament

Vendor
Sep 5, 2008
US
Does anyone know how to get to the SX2000 telnet interface on MiVB 9.x? In previous versions, we were able to run
lldcli smdr_disc on
to turn on the <> feature in SMDR to indicate which side cleared the call first.
< indicates we, the PBX, cleared the call
> indicates the far end cleared the call.

Seems that MiVB 9 doesn't allow telnet to the SX2000 interface anymore, and you can't enable this any other way that I can find.

I have a customer that is saying they're getting dropped calls - call rings once and hangs up. Callers are complaining that they call in, get the Auto Attendant and press an option - when it rings once or twice and hangs up on them.
The users are saying that it starts ringing and then stops. Nobody there is picking up the phone and hanging up.

SSH into the MiVB and run:
/sysro/bin/mtce-term

Ctrl-c to exit

Better to look at the CCS trace for this problem though? It would show where the clear comes from and a reason.
You don't say whether it's E1/T1 or SIP trunks - if it's SIP then 'sip tcpdump on' and have a look at the pcap.

This is a T1 PRI. I can't monitor it 24x7 and enabling the SMDR feature will help address it. The users are saying this is happening once in a while - maybe a couple times a day. They're trying to log when it happens to help us determine the issue.

I do think the carrier has found something wrong though.

root@Mitel:~# /sysro/bin/mtce-term
/sysro/bin/mtce-term: Error, INPUTRC not set and /sysro/bin/inputrc not found
maintenance terminal connected

Ctrl-C got me back out to the prompt, can't do anything further with it.

I must be missing something.

When you get the 'maintenance terminal connected' message you can enter your commands.

Try some other commands that show output:

where
logs read smdr new 10

You should be able to enter your lldcli command in here - but it won't show any confirmation messages

MiVb 9.0 Process:
 To enable the SMDR flag:
• Establish a SSH connection to the MSL IP
• Login as root
• Issue the following command:     # /sysro/bin/debug-term
• Issue the following command:     > smdr_disc on
• Issue a <Ctrl C> to exit the debug terminal
To disable the SMDR flag:
• Repeat as above with:  > smdr_disc off

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Hello everyone,
I never knew about this command. It could be useful when troubleshot intermittently drop call problem.
I tried to follow Billz66 to issue it in MiVB9 and it works fine. But when I issued "lldcli smdr_disc on " in sx2000 interface in MiVB 8, it said "you are not authorized to use this command". I logged in as installer.
Could anyone advise how to use it in MiVB 8 and earlier?

Kelvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back