Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMDR Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

1000M

Technical User
Mar 17, 2005
US
I have a 9 pin connection for my I/O port on the call accounting buffer box I need to connect to my BCM 400. How does the physical connection work? On my PBX I just plug my 25 pin modem cable in to my I/O port and the other end (9 pin) in to the buffer box, but I've never done this with a BCM before. Also, where is this turned on in the BCM?

There is no SMDR in the BCM - that's only on the Norstar platform. Call records are recorded on the BCM and then delivered to the call accounting system via scheduled FTP transfers. Check the BCM Call Detail Recording configuration guide for details on setup and operation.

Thanks, I assumed since our call accounting vendor sold us 13 call buffer boxes that we needed these. I guess we'll be saving some mnoney then. I did read up in the call detail records section of the CD and

You can connect buffer boxes to the BCM if you use ethernet TCP/IP connectivity.

The BCM can be set up to do a cdr push. This is supported by many hardware buffer vendors (i.e. WTI, Omnitronix).

Also, you can do CDR Pull or Push with RSI. I know RSI does this with their call accounting products. Their method does not necessarily require a hardware buffer (since BCM already has its own buffer).

S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back