Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Smartsuite 97: How do I install on NT4 WS for all users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterT

MIS
Jun 15, 1999
GB
I need to install SS97 locally on each NT4 Workstation in our office. Any user in the domain should be able to log on and run SS97. How do I achieve this?<br>
<br>
Any help most gratefully received.<br>
<br>
Background info:<br>
<br>
1) Approach complains that it cannot find SmartIcons and that I should re-install. WordPro and Freelance don't seem to recognise the default directories that I specify<br>
<br>
2) The users are grouped by job function and each group has a mandatory profile.* <br>
<br>
3) I want to install SS97 once on each workstation (not once for each user on each workstation as Lotus have suggested)<br>
<br>
* I have tried using a "template" user with a roaming (.DAT) profile to install Smartsuite, but SS97 doesn't seem to access the information in the profile when I make it mandatory and access it via another user login.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back