Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Smarthost

Status
Not open for further replies.

A15

IS-IT--Management
Nov 1, 2002
US
We have the standard FE BE scenario. When we have the BE smtp connector set via the FE IP address all works fine.
However, when we set the Smarthost as an external provider (MXlogic) emails are not received by the exchange servers.

The e-mail gets to the MX logic servers and is accepted but for no apparent reason it would not reach the FE or the BE.
I know this is not an MX logic problem since we have contacted them and we also experience the same problem in a different location with 3rd part spam filter (Sendio)

Thank you,

on BE your smarthost is your FE
on FE your smarthost is mxlogic
they are used to route mail OUT from your organization...you are handing it of to mxlogic too soon.
All the best!

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

That is the way I have it setup and sending e-mails works fine. but receiving e-mails are not reaching the FE.

have mxlogic double check (or you) mx records.
Also, has anything changed on your firewall acls to their IPs or perhaps something on smtp on your end?

:--------------------------------------:
fugitive.gif

All around in my home town,
They tryin' to track me down...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back