Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

smart task to email multiple email address's from one contact record

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsutherland

Vendor
May 22, 2012
US
I am trying to set up an emarketing email campaign in which, upon the criteria being met to start the smart task from a single contact, multiple contacts are emailed an update on status...

For instance:

If I am in a specific client and I update the status of their product from a field that I have created, I would like all parties to the transaction to receive an email of the status. I have the referral partners contact and communication information in a tab for the contact. I also have a 3rd parties contact and communication information in the same tab. I have a field on the contacts main page for specific status of the sales process, and upon marking the status as complete, I would like an emarketing email to be sent to not only the contact, but the referral partner and the 3rd party informing them of the update in status.

Can this be done?

Example:

I am an estate attorney. I receive a referral from a CPA to set up a trust. In creating this trust, I need to work directly with my the referred clients financial planner. This is a process that requires we all work together and not only my client receives an update of status, but the CPA that referred the client to me and the financial planner receives a status update as well.

Upon me checking a field as completed, can I set up an emarketing campaign to send the status update to all 3 parties when I update the field (fields) in the clients contact screen?

Any advice on making this happen would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back