Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

smaller screen resolution in dos 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

B2d

Programmer
Feb 4, 2002
NL
I don't know what happend!

When I start up my computer (dosmode) only a small part of the screen is used. When windows starts up, it uses the whole screen again. But when I start a program that works with dos, the screen becomes smaller again!

Please someone help me! I'm getting crazy over here!!! x-)

What monitor setting in Windows?
DOS fullscreens at 640x480. Ed Fair
unixstuff@juno.com
Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply. Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

The system at my work has a monitor setting of 800 x 600 and in dos mode you also have a full screen! Why would my computer at home have a smaller screen in dos mode?

You mean start -> settings -> configuration -> monitor -> settings, right?

The only time I've seen this is using a laptop.

The one I have has a CMOS setting to expand the DOS screen to full screen so look around there for one. But be careful as changing some CMOS settings may adversly effect your computer.

HotEye

HotEye, thanx!

It's a problem with a laptop! You're right about that. I'm going home this weekend, so then I'll be checking out the CMOS settings.

How do I get there? Hit a button on startup?

HgB

Problem solved!!!

The DOS screen is full-screen again!

Thanks for your help,
B2d

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back