Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

small window instead of alert boxes.. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

devendras

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2001
US
is it possible to substitute a small window to pop up instead of a dull grey alert box..if so is it simple?

TIA

yes, its just one line of code:

first make the page that you want to be the pop-up, then use this code in place of 'alert("blah");'
Code:
window.open("pop.html", "pop", "toolbars=no, scrollbars=no, menu=no, status=no, resizeable=no, width=100, height=50");

just change the properties to whatever you need, you can use 'window.moveTo(200,300);' on the pop-up page to position it -Greg :-Q

thanks Greg..i got it working..quick followup though..where do i put the window.move code to reposition the window? in other words where do I put it on the page..near the window.open code?

the moveTo goes on the accual pop-up page (in the code example i gave you it would go on pop.html) -Greg :-Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back