Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small VM options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commsguy

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2002
US
I have a client with a CICS 1.0 and only 2 users currently. I am looking for a cost effective solution utside of Nortel. Any ideas?

commsguy

CG,
There was a Nortel Vantage three line phone which had a voice mail built into it. The Vantage networked out to 8 stations. You may have trouble finding this thing.
I'm sure there are other phones with voice mail in them too. Try some panasonic stuff.

PhM

CG,
I have, in the past, used the IATA port and an answering machine that has a couple of mailboxes. One of those home things. It works OK.

PhM

This may sound daft, but how about an answering machine?

i was hoping for something with a few more features. plus i already have the IATA in use for fax. It was just a general inquiry if anyone saw any really cool solutions to this. I wanted something in the $500 range that offered similar features as the StarTalk, etc.

commsguy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back