Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small Retail POS System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beernut

Technical User
May 12, 2003
US
I'm looking into purchasing a single POS terminal & software for retail use that is easily programmable, easy to use, and reliable. Boss wants a touch screen menu.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I am partial to Catapult by ECRS corp. since that is what my company sells and supports. But there are many retail pos solutions out there, including one by Microsoft, which you will find threads on this forum referencing. You can order software off the internet if you are comfortable enough setting it up yourself, or you can check with your local register companies if you need it setup and supported for you.

Obviously we are all partial to our own product, but if you'd tell us a little more about what business you're in and what features you need we could make a better recommendation, as each system has markets it works best in.

<a href=" POS Systems and Wine Club Software</a>
<a href=" POS Systems</a>

The business deals more with services rather than material items. We work along side (and for)the US Postal Service as a mail procesing facility.

If this is the typical "MBE type" store, most of the major systems would do a decent job for you, unless you need specific interfaces to other systems, which would require some research. As a previous poster pointed out, we are all partial to the systems we sell (I work for the US distributor of Infinity). Time to look at all the better systems, Infinity, RMS, Catapult, etc. and find out which has the best feature set for exactly what you do. Other than that, all we can do is advocate our own cause, which doesn't do you much good without evalutation.

<a href=" POS Systems and Wine Club Software</a>
<a href=" POS Systems</a>

Hi beernut,

Could you tell us a bit more about your operation and the things you sell? Are the items you sell standardized? Or do prices vary by weight? etc..

Rick Feuling

I have 5 Squirrel POS touch screens and 5 printers with software. You can also use other software with these terminals.
I can supply 3 other brands of POS software, 2 are trials and 1 is limited version for free.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back