Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small Office Router Swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob P

Technical User
Mar 29, 2020
US
We recently obtained a customer with a "DIY" network, and specifically their IP Camera network. The IP Camera stream to a Cloud based service. We need to swap the Router out and cannot access the current Router and there is no Network documentation. This portion of the Network is for the IP Cameras only. Pic Attached.

Their complaint is that the Cameras stopped streaming up and they feel its the Router between the ISP Modem\Router and the camera's switches (Pictured). We found that the ISP equipment does not have DHCP enabled on any of the LAN ports. It ran for some time but recently went down about two months ago.

I should add that we found DHCP is disabled in the ISP equipment on LAN ports, but the Internet in the building works and I can get DHCP off the main office switch. I feel like they received Static IPs from the ISP...

Equipment:
ARRIS TG1672G (ISP)
Cisco RV-110w (Used for Camera Router)
Netgear Unmanaged Switches(Linked to the RV-110w)

Thanks!
Elematic_f2gsee.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back