Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SMALL OFFICE EDITION MINI UNIT 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

safenestvmem

Technical User
Nov 16, 2019
US
I have a little small office edition unit it's the small mini wall mounted cabinet that's only got a few DS ports on it I believe it's running on 2.0 or 3.0.

can I use the current manager version 11.0 to log in to the small office manager or is there some special configuration or some special software required or port to plug in in order to log into the Manager configuration? Thanks!

In theory 11 should be backward compatible but I've saw somewhere that it might not work that far back and you are best using the software for R3.

This would show as Manager 5.0 as Avaya used to number the software 2 higher than the firmware.

This is still on the Avaya website but I'm sure it can be found elsewhere.

Great. I've got a 5.0 manager and I'll give it a try.

Thanks!

IPPhead is correct to be cautious
Avaya documenst sya manager is backwards compatible to V2.1 but is int 100% correct
the lates managers can open an off line 2.1 config but cannot send or recieve it from the system due to changes Avaya made to TFTP in V9.1

To manage systems V2.1-V4.1 inclusive you need a manager V4.1 - V9.0 (thay is Ip office verssion numbers not the +2 of the application)

Curently I have the following manages available on my pc so I can administer all the systems we maintain

Alchemy V2.2 (yes we still have some)
IP Office V1.4
IP Office V2.0
IP Office V9.0
IP Office V11.1
This enables me to talk to anything we maintain

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

The good thing is that you can actually upgrade the SOE to R4.2 without a license and then it is a decent unit and you can program from R11 Manager

I had one for years before I upgraded to IP500 and still own it.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

In case you DO upgrade make sure you follow the upgrade paths mentioned in the TechBulletins for the release you go to and maybe have to go downwards until you know the entire path

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

Thank you all very much for the advice. I was able to log into the soe using 5.0. I have a few of these units that I'm playing with also and I had to default a couple of them using the DTE cable method but was able to get into them.

I did notice that the SSA would not work monitoring the unit and also that I could get the 54xx digital handsets to work okay but not the digital 95xx to work.

One of them had a voicemail card the large SD card in the back installed and the voicemail came up just fine.

Yes it is a decent little unit for someone that just wants a few analog lines and digital sets for a small business or something to replace something like the old Nortel CICS.

SAA was introduced at SW level 3.2 so if thery are earlier than this that is the problem
as previously stated upgrades did not require a licence in the early dayss & you can freely upgrade these to V4.2

54xx handsets are about as good as you will get
V4.2 will support 16xx handets (ip) but not 14xx which did not get introduced untill V6 IIRC
you do get either 3 or 16 channels of VCM though & those releassess licenced channelss not IP users so that should help

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Before SSA there was callstatus which just shows active calls.

Just for info the DT versions only went up to 3.0 (DT) which was really 2.1

The voicemail is actually a compact flash card which acts as storage and a license.

With 3.0 you didn't need licenses for IP Avaya phones but I'm not sure when that changed.

Also IP400 and Small Office series didn't need a license for H323 trunks so can link to another device, but there was also an Advanced Voice Network license.

Ah those good ole days... those small office units were handy. later on after the IP500, I think I remembered the promise of an IP600 hardware release that never materialized.

Qtelcom, with all the big cloud companies what do you think is the future of Avaya and or small private local phone system installer businesses?

Might be time for a new thread?

Here is the UK I've seen a lot of used IPO 500s with ISDN on market. Might be because Avaya have a big market share and ISDN is being phased out by 2025 - but you and I know these can be upgraded to SIP trunks.

I think the combo cards were meant to be the successor to SOE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back