Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small font in Excel comboboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sashanan

Programmer
Jan 19, 2001
NL
I was shown an Excel application by a user recently which featured several comboboxes with preset options in them to choose from. For some reason that I can't seem to figure out, these options are all displayed in a very small, barely legible font. What I've been asked to figure out is why this font is so small, and what can be done to increase its size.

Resizing the combo box itself seems to have no effect, and I can't seem to find any options to change the font. I've also checked out the worksheet which feeds the data to these comboboxes, but there it is displayed in a proper, readable font size. So I'm clueless.

I have very little experience with Excel myself, so perhaps there is a very simple and obvious solution I'm overlooking here. Can anybody help out?
"Much that I bound, I could not free. Much that I freed returned to me."
(Lee Wilson Dodd)

No guarentees here as I've not personally come accross this problem.

First thing (I'm assuming the combos are on a worksheet not a form?) is where they drawn from the 'Forms' toolbar or the 'Controls' toolbar. If it was controls you will be able to view the properties, and consequently change the font.

If not, (and I guess they're from the Forms toolbar) right click on the object and choose format control. In properties make sure "Move and Size With Cells" is not selected. If it is change the option.

This may not put things right and the combos may need to be redrawn.

As I said, this is a guess, based on something that I may have read somewhere, but in the absence of anything else it could be your starting point!

;-) If a man says something and there are no women there to hear him, is he still wrong?

Just to add to what Loomah has said, if the Combo obx is created from the Forms toolbar, the chances are you will not be able to change the font size.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back