Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small Data Entry Program Example

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtok

Technical User
Jul 13, 2001
CA
Hello: I am new to c++Builder and what i am looking for is a small example of a program that has 1 form used to read a dbase file and display a record with char fields,date fields, number fields and a autoincrement field that will allow the user to add/edit/delete/search a record. I would like the form edit boxes not to be data field attached (meaning the editable fields would be copied to a temp structure that could be validated on entry and also group validated before being copied back to the locked record to be resaved back to the file).
I have been writing in c and using topaz lib's for dos for the last 10 years and this move to c++ and builder is just about there but a good small example of what i had been doing and what the new stuff can do would be great

Have you looked at the samples in Examples directory in BCB?
James P. Cottingham

When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute. But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute and it's longer than any hour. That's relativity.
[tab][tab]Albert Einstein explaining his Theory of Relativity to a group of journalists.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back