Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small but nagging problem (about an ADO recordset & a databound contro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReViVo

Technical User
Oct 14, 2002
TR
Hello,

I develop a sample HTML page to display a Recordset from an SQL DB called "Chateau" (The sample DB that comes with the MS Visual InterDev 6.0 study guide). The Recordset get its table from a DataEnvironment Command that looks like "SELECT DISTINCT Type, Rate FROM dbo.Rooms" which gives the following table:

TYPE RATE
Double 125.0000
Luxury Suite 225.0000
Penthouse 325.0000
Single 75.0000
Suite 175.0000

And there's a design time ListBox control bound to this Recordset whose properties are set to display the "TYPE" Field of this Recordset.
But... When I test the HTML page in the browser, this ListBox (Style: Dropdown) control shows nothing but just an empty dropdown list from the Recordset.

The settings for the DataEnvironment must be OK as all of the attributes of the DB are correctly displayed in the DE subfolders or the Dataview window folders (DSN setup or the SQL setup seem OK)

The problem, as far as I guess, stems from an insufficient data binding between the recordset and the listbox control or from the recordset itself even though all the code is written correctly as they are shown in Microsoft's study guide. Maybe I miss a setting in the IDE or the DE or something else.

What must I do? Thanks...

I forgot to mention: The browser I use for debugging the HTM page is I.E. 6.0. When I try other controls such as TextBox or Label the result is the same: No data from the table. It looks as if the recordset has no function at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back