Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Small business back-up solutions

Status
Not open for further replies.

1Drisnil

MIS
Mar 29, 2003
US
Is there anyone in this forum that could recommend a software backup solution for Windows 2000 AD SP2 mixed mode for a small to mid-size company; 7 servers nightly backup under 40GB that have the following options or agaents available:

SQL
Exchange
Disaster recovery

I used to use BEI's UltraBac software, but I now need a solution for W2K.

I'd be grateful for all replies.

Thanxs in advance!

Inquiring Minds,
[sadeyes]

I second the vote for Retrospect. I use it to backup 5 servers (Exchange, file server, Goldmine, PDC/BDC)and @20 office workstations. Get the Exchange Agent, backup to an AIT drive, it should only take a 2-3 hours nightly doing an incremental backup.

VERITAS BACKUP EXEC!!

It will do all you want. Its a proven product! Good support and great reliability.

Netvault Bakbone isnt too bad either - i thinks is priced cheaper aswell.

For that small of a network I would be using snapshot. Try restoring AD servers without it. It can be a headache. You can use a small Idealstor backup appliance with snapshot software to do full nightly snapshots of your servers. You can even mount the images and share them mounted images as drives to users to recover data. Check it out it is definately hot. It comes with snapshot software.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back