Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sm56 and win2000 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpa3nos

Technical User
Sep 11, 2002
GR
I 've recently installed a motorola sm65 internal speakerphone modem on a win2000 pro machine using the drivers from motorola 's home page.

The installation worked ok and i am able to communicate with the modem using hyperterminal and AT commands, but when iam trying to connect to the internet i get an Error message '692' indicating that the modem is mulfuctioning or is not correctly installed into the computer hardware.
Looking at the modem logs i see a message "DSR IS LOW while trying to initialize the modem".

NOTE : This is the second time i installed win2000 in the same week. In the first installation the modem worked fine.

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, well, I got the same exact problem. But the difference is I got windows XP professional. So far, I haven't get an answer. If you know something I will appreciate it. Otherwise, if I know something I will write to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back