Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SM SIP Trunk Licensing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bignose21

Programmer
Jul 4, 2003
GB
I have SE 11.1.2.0 Primary/Secondary servers and 2 Session Managers 10.1.2, 60 SM Trunk Licenses on the IPO, needing to connect both servers to both SM so have set that up

Primary IPO
line 17 ----- SM1
line 18 ----- SM2

Secondary IPO
line 17 ----- SM1
line 18 ----- SM2

in licensing I reserved 30 SM licenses on each Server, for some reason I can only set Max 10 calls on each trunk (total 40).

As they work where line 17 is in active and line 18 is standby in effect should you not be able to set it up so you can have 30 on line 17 with a failover to 30 on line 18 on each server? or at least 15 per trunk to give you a total of 60?

Read the IP Office Branch Edition manuals. They will tell you the proper use of SM trunks.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

RTFM, had done that just struggling to understand why it seems to take 1.5 licenses per call in the "Max Calls" allocation against the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back