Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sluggish winddows 98 when hp 882 actually printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

boater

Technical User
Aug 3, 2001
US
I reinstalled my HP scanner with success. Following that my HP 882C printer worked fine; but when the printer is actually printing my Windows 98 (2nd ed.)is very sluggish i.e. typing or even scrolling down the page. I eliminated most of the programs running in the background (except for goback and NAV)and eliminated 200 of the 500 fonts (i don't know where they came from). My system has 75% free resources and I have 256 meg ram and a DSL line. I reinstalled the printer software without help. Any suggestions?

Check the spool settings. Do you have it set to print after entire documet is spooled or after first page is spooled. The first takes more RAM. The second if better. Also check to ensure that Print diresctly to printer is NOT set. You ALAYS want to spool unless you have printer problems. James Collins
Systems Support Engineer
A+, MCP

email: butchrecon@skyenet.net

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the solutions we provide are helpful to you. Not only do they help you but they may help others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back