Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SLTM8 and WTIM4 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

mada2k2

Technical User
Aug 2, 2019
NO
Good day to all!
I’m new on this forum and still learning about IPECS system, so please be gentle with me :)

I'm requesting your help to solve two problems.

At my workplace we have a SLTM32 module. For some reason SLTM32 can not be accessed via IP address. Power supply, LAN cable were checked and found in good order. My guess is that now the SLTM32 is on DHCP mode. On the IPECS web system interface, SLTM32 is configured and have IP, but status of the module is Disconnected.
Could you be so kind and let me know how I can access SLTM32 and change to static IP.

Another issue I have with WTIM4 DECT Interface Module. In the system there are two WTIM modules: WTIM4 and WTIM8, both connected to the system. What I noticed is that they have different PARK CODE and on IPECS web system interface (DECT Registration) only one Park Code is registered, the one from WTIM8. That means all GDC-600BE DECT fixed base which are connected to WTIM4 are not in use? There is any possibility to change Park Code for WTIM4 to be the same with WTIM8 so all DECT fixed base’s to be accessed by Spectralink 7620 and have better coverage?

Thank you for your support!

For SLTM

connect a via serial cable, turn it on press Ctrl + C to get to boot mode
enter the following commands:

setenv ipaddr X.X.X.X
setenv gatewayip X.X.X.X
setenv netmask X.X.X.X
setenv serverip X.X.X.X

As for the WTIM, you only need one park code, which one is not really important. you just have to put one park code in the field and it will work, both WTIM4 and WTIM8

@Agent0007 thank you for your reply. Much appreciated.
For WTIM4 I noticed that when I’m close to some GDC-600BE DECT fixed base and I’m making a call, S1 LED on the base is blinking, but for some other DECT fixed base’s S1 is not blinking when I’m close to the base. For this reason I was thinking they are not in use.
For STLM32 – As I was saying at the beginning, I’m still learning about this system, so I would like to ask you if you can give me some step-by-step instructions to configure SLTM: what software I need to use?, where and when I need to press Ctrl + C for boot mode?, boot mode for SLTM?, switch on STLM must be on NORMAL or in SERVICE position?

Thank you once again for your help!

Hello,

I have similar problem with the SLTM32, I can't find the default IP address.
Do you have some idea ?
Or do you have the procedure to config the ip address by console ?
Thank in advance for your support

as above mr technicalST

For SLTM

connect to it via serial lead using putty or hyper terminal if you still have it .

the commands below will set all the network config on the unit basically . the server address will be the address of your MFIM/UCP .

i cant remeber exactly as its been a whiles since ive needed to actually do it my self . but once connected through putty it may ask you for a password which will either be ipkts or jannie . and i want to say its the higher of the board rates you want .

setenv ipaddr X.X.X.X
setenv gatewayip X.X.X.X
setenv netmask X.X.X.X
setenv serverip X.X.X.X

but to be honest if you have defaulted it and its connected to the same switch at the ucp/mfim and multicasting is still turned on . it should auto connect back to the system after a while .

it only wont do that if its not seeing the multicast traffic from the system it self . ie its on switches that block it . or its been turned off on the system .

yes you only use one park code which is stored on the system it self . the park code is just a unique identifiyer for that site basically .

you could change it to 123456789 if you so wanted .

the idea of them is that they are generated codes that are individual to that site and wont be replicated else where .

both modules need to need in normal mode .

one will be a slave and one master . and they will be linked through a little cable .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back