Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slowness Printing Customer Statements

Status
Not open for further replies.

NEmacGuy

Instructor
Sep 1, 2004
US
At one site, since updating from microfocus to the Fujitsu cobol versions of Macola, the AR Statement printing slowed down dramatically. Wondering if anyone else has experienced the same issue ? We did check indexs, and run SQL traces, and did notice the same issue running Statements in Macola Electronics, but there are not enought customers to notice the issue in Electronis, but it does exhibit the same issue. We have 76,000 customer records. If you print customer AAA, it takes 5-10 minutes before it will print, but if you print ZZZ it prints right away. The SQL trace revealed that after AAA prints, the program continues to read thru every single customer to the end of the file. When you print ZZZ there are no more customer, and bang you have your Statement.
Just looking for Feedback.
Thanks

Wow thats a lot of statements. What version are they on now? What options are they selecting on the criteria to run the statements?

I have a customer database on my laptop with 11,000+ customers in the aropnfil_sql, and I am experiencing the same thing on 7.7.600.

You could use a crystal statement, which will be much faster.

Macola statements also update the aging buckets in the arcusfil_sql table, which is likely eating up a lot of time. How much data is in the aropnfil_sql in terms of purging AR open item records? I'll bet if you were aggressive with the purge it would help too.

None of this explains why it is taking longer with the new version. What has Exact said on this issue?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, Synergy, and Crystal Reports. Check out our Macola tools:

I am actually seeing something very similar on my ES 9.5.300. Printing statements takes hours. I believe that there are other issues impacting the indexes on customer tables. I have not yet spent time doing traces etc.
Don, do your comments (arcusfil & aropnfil) apply to ES as well?

ES tables would be GBKMUT and BankTransaction. Which version and service pack of SQL are you on?

Last spring we upgraded to SQL 2005 (Version 9.00.5057.00) that is SP 4 with a few updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back