Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow windows file transfer after joining computers to domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1ru5

Technical User
Mar 1, 2005
US
I'm having a weird problem with a windows 2003 domain controller. We decided to move our computers from a workgroup to the domain. After joining them to the domain the file uploads are horribly slow (doesnt matter if I use a mapped drive or go by UNC path). Downloads still seem to work fine. It also does it when copying files from the mapped drive to another folder on the same mapped drive. Performing the same task on the few machines that haven't been joined to the domain (a few XP home machines) only takes seconds. I tried disabling SMB signing as suggested by a microsoft KB article with no luck. Anybody else run into this and found a fix?

I guess that didnt fix it after all. The speed issue still exists on the machines joined to the domain. If anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back