Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

slow to open app at 1 pc only

Status
Not open for further replies.

uthorns

MIS
Aug 19, 2002
US

At one of our pc's it takes several minutes for any application to open during the initial connection. Works fine after initial connection. It logs in quickly, but then sits at applying personal settings for a couple of minutes, that goes away and a couple more minutes later the application will open. I logged in with this same profile at other pc's and it worked fine.

I read in other threads about routing issues, but tracert went well. I have reinstalled ICA client, no help. I'm not sure where to go from here.

We use a w2k server and the client is w2k pro. We are using Metaframe XP and the only apps we publish are Office apps. We have a T1, about 15 users and use ip address to connect.

All of your help is greatly appreciated.

thanks,

CB

Try publishing a full desktop on the Citrix server, and then give that a go from the problem workstation - you may be able to see what else it's doing such as trying to map drives or copy files etc that you're not seeing when running a published app.

Also, if you want to do a clean install of the ICA client remember that you need to uninstall the program and then manually remove the c:\documents and settings\[user name]\application data\icaclient directory othewise all your old configs will be saved..... (see faq48-3661). Oh, you may also want to trash the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\ key before installing the software again.

Cheers

We have encountered the same thing here while using published desktops. The only solution we found was to wipe the pc and reinstall the os and citrix

I tried reinstall again after deleting directories like beergood said, but nada. Man, I don't want to reinstall os, theres gotta be something else I could try. Thanks for the help

Have you tried publishing a full desktop on the Citrix server, and then giving that a go from the problem workstation using the problem id? I recently saw a similar problem and it was because the user was at a different office and the login script they ran was mapping drives over the wan to the user's local server and running scripts/mapping drives/copying files etc over the wan. It also was running JDE that was scanning through an ini file that was on the user's local server (which for the Citrix server was over the slow wan). Didn't spot it until published the full desktop & remotely controlled their session as they connected on.....

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back