Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow speed when saving Word files to Window2000 server

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy81

MIS
Oct 24, 2001
SG
I recently install a new Dell Poweredge 2600 server running Dual Xeon CPU's and 1GB RAM. Windows 2000 Server with SP3 has been install. This server is my office File&Print server. It also runs DHCP & DNS service

Since this server has gone live 1 month, i have users that are using Windows2000 Pro. complaining that when ever they save Office2000 Word documents & Powerpoint files to the file server, the responds will be very slow and can take up to 2 mins to save a 100K Word Document and during that period, all the Word windows seem to be frozen.

The server is running Dual Network 100mps Network card which has been configure to run as "Fast EtherChannel" Team and is connected to a Cisco 2648 Switch.

I patch the Office2000 with SP3 but the problem still occurs

Users on Windows98 systems and running Office97 don't seem to have this problem .

Any idea where the lag is from ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back