Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow sending internal mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mhags

Technical User
Jan 31, 2007
US
This is my problem or might not be a problem. FYI: Bandwidth throttling is not set. My understanding is if I'm sending emails internally (Same Domain) through Mdaemon it should be fast. When I send an email with a very large attachment say 30MB then I would expect it to take a max of 20 seconds, but when I start the sending process it takes forever, so I go to the MDaemon server and check the current sessions where it shows the transfer speed and the SMTP process is usually around 100 KB/Sec, which is my internet speed. I'm thinking I have a routing issue and it's going out to the Internet and back in, but say if I shut the MDaemon computer off from the internet the same speed is shown. The receiving part is fine its instantaneous I can download a 70MB attachment in a few seconds. My questions are am I missing something here, or what are some tests I can do to make sure things are running fine? I've done packet sniffing and it seems not to be a routing issue, but not positive.

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back