Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow Performance With Document Objects

Status
Not open for further replies.

amanx

Programmer
May 2, 2003
US
Hello,

Does anyone have extensive experience with MS Document objects?

Currently we have Document objects with reports embedded in them. Some document objects contain multiple reports others only have a one embedded in them.

Regardless of how many reports are embedded, executing these document objects takes a significant amount of time.

We have done some preliminary analysis and the performance issue points to MS I-Server as the culprit.

I understand that processing a doc object takes more I-Server resources then regular report execution...

...But is there a way to optimize the I-Server for document object execution?

Thanks for your help.
Aman

I'm assuming you have executed the embedded reports individually and they are relatively quick. This just rules out the underlying performance of the reports.

Then I would try to get a performance table that looks like this

#ReportsInDoc ResponseTime

There's a breakpoint somewhere which becomes the bottleneck...

Thanks for the input nlim.

Thats exactly what I was looking at. The underlying reports are running slow.
The report SQL shows multiple passes. Anyway I've identified the issue a little better and just posted a new thread - Thanks.

Aman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back