Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

moony8272

Technical User
Jan 31, 2003
GB
Having a few problems with my network running slow, I have two Windows 2000 AD servers, one with Exchange and the other runs a database. 99% of the workstations on the network are Windows 98, all with static IP addresses with a total of 50 PCs on the network. When the PCs crash rebooting a couple of times sorts them out. There is nothing being reported in the event logs of the servers that indicates a problem with the servers.

Any ideas anyone??

[afro]

Damen

try running off one server and see if the problem still exists. I had a problem similar to this a number of years ago which slowed my clients to a crawl. I was able to narrow it down after I switched all but my main server off. Turned out to be a crashed multimedia server and the client software on the machines was trying to detect it. I'm not saying that yours is the same problem but sounds like clients may not be able to see something that was previously available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back