Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow motion jitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

curvaceousd

Technical User
Dec 6, 2005
US
I'm trying to export a 12 min video as a DV AVI, 720x480, 29.97 fps w/ ntsc compression at %100. It exports fine but when the slowed down portions play they're choppy, even though the normal speed portions play fine. Also, after rendered everything plays fine in the premier monitor. Should I change my export settings or am I out of luck?

Thanks

I would export with the Microsoft .AVI or just AVI. Uncompressed in a sense but not really since DV is the compression scheme. NTSC is not a type of compression but a standard.

Also, on your clips in Slow Motion try turning on Frame Blending and/or de-interlacing the clips. Right-Click the clip and choose Frame Options I believe.

Then in your exported AVI when u go to DVD and if you do, choose VBR if it's a big project or CBR @ say 7Mb so either way you can ensure your slow motion frames are getting a high bitrate..

Patrick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back