Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow macro execution

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrjhano

Technical User
May 9, 2000
SE
Due to early bad choice of mostly bounded design I have been forced to top-off my design by setting RecordSources and controlsources. An effect of recursive use of a form (works fine by the way). Next time I will do the complete recursion in program.

Is there a way to perform these operations with VBA-code not exploiting macro's that speeds up execution?

Hakan
Osaka 2000-12-02

My database describes a flow from different perspectives of time. By changing Recordsource I can address a corresponding query using only one form. However, update can only be done for a set of records owned by each perspecrive. Longer perspectives must be generated with record source set to unbounded. That is reason for doing the future recursion in program.

The arrangement works fine but the macro's slow up the procedure too much.

Hakan

While tuning my database with Tool-Analyze-Performance I got a good search string: "Convert macros to Visual Basic", sic! Response time over the network went down from 30-90 seconds to below 15sec after converting the worst macro's into compiled visual basic.

So, a little bit more tuning...

Hakan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back