Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow file closing

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMG

MIS
Jun 12, 2000
MX
When I want to close a document in Word 97 it takes about 30 seconds before closing it, and it's only a single legal size page, so it isn't much info to process anyway. I want to know what could be causing this. The PC is running perfectly, this is the only setback. It's a Pentium 233 with 16 MB Ram running Win98.

16 MB of RAM?&nbsp;&nbsp;That's the reason why you're having problems.&nbsp;&nbsp;Office is a real memory hog, as is Windows.&nbsp;&nbsp;We had the same experience on one of our computers--it got to be such a problem that they replaced the computer.<br><br> <p>Linda Adams<br><a href=mailto:Garridon@aol.com>Garridon@aol.com</a><br><a href= Adams Online</a><br>I'm a professional writer, published internationally.

You can run Win98 reasonably well with 32 MB RAM if you never run a program.&nbsp;&nbsp;I would recommend a minimum of 64 MB RAM for any system doing anything at all other than running a browser. <p> Jeff<br><a href=mailto: masterracker@hotmail.com> masterracker@hotmail.com</a><br><a href= > </a><br> Of all the things I've lost in life, I miss my mind the most ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back