Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow Fedora Proxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

technofool007

Technical User
Jun 30, 2005
CA
I use Fedora 3 as a proxy server on my network (squid). Recently it the browsing abilities of the network has slowed drastically. I do not know much about Fedora, as i am fairly new and this was already inplace before me.

I badley need some tips and advice on how to optimize the performance of the server.

Any volunteers??

If nothing has been changed on your linux box you should probably check packets through your proxy.

Maybe some clients machines are infected by some kind of spyware/malware and are therefore transmitting a lot more than usual.
I had a customer, using linux proxy and windoz xp clients, where the Internet performace dropped rapidly in less than a week; I then found that some of the windoz boxes were eating up bandwith due to a malware that had infected them.

QatQat

Life is what happens when you are making other plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back