Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

slow failover 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

racy

IS-IT--Management
Apr 29, 2002
BR
Hi,

I am in a test environment ... If I remove the cable from the public nic .. the cluster failover takes a really good time to occur ... but it occurs ... it seems that it tries to contact the domain controller and waits for a time out .....

Do I have a setting to do to improve the response ?

Best Regards

Racy

Try pulling the power cable. I can see a NIC failure taking a while to detect and confirm.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005) / MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Thank You for your reply,

If pull the power cable it works, the only problem is when there is a nic failure on the public nic ... the private nic failure is detected very fast.

Racy

A private NIC failure would be detected very quickly as they are connected together directly via a cross over cable. I would assume that this is the normal response for the MSCS.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000) / MCTS (SQL 2005) / MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Hello Racy,

to say something definitly you should analyse the cluster log.The cluster service is makink the looks alive and is alive test on the private network.Every 1.2 sec the active node sends an heartbeat.

After you remove the cable from the public nic you should look in the cluster.loh under c:\windows\cluster directory.You can see whats happening in every millisecond.

I thing thats the correct way

Best regrds,
Cengiz Kuskaya

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back