Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow download speed/page loading speed Cisco 3800

Status
Not open for further replies.

guildwars1987

IS-IT--Management
Mar 24, 2013
US
I have a 6mbps pipe coming from my distant end and all I have between my router is a variety of equipment to include modems, encrytion equipment, and of course my transmission source. I have done a speed test on and I get .21DOWN/.46UP. Is there a command or a set of commands to allocate more bandwidth to my end users? I tried to mess around with my QoS to include policy-map, classes, etc. to no avail. Am I missing something. I know that a 6mbps pipe is not the greatest but it's the best we have for the location we are at. It should definiatly not take more than a second to load a page, it takes us about 3-10 seconds depending...

Speed depends on multiple factors including latency and packet drop ratio. The more the roundtrip value is the lower maximum achievable speed per single TCP flow.

A few weeks later I know...

Is this ADSL or a few T1s?

ip access-list extended IP-Options-and-Powerball
deny ip any any winning-powerball-ticket
permit ip any any option any-options
!
class-map ACL-Options-and-Powerball
match access-group name IP-Options-and-Powerball
!
policy-map CoPP-POLICY
class ACL-Options-and-Powerball
drop