Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow Copy/Paste in Excel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yerdon

Programmer
Jul 29, 2002
US
My Excel program started acting funny on Friday. When I go to copy a cell or cells, it slows down really slow, and takes 10 to 15 seconds to complete the process. Then if I paste, it takes another 10 to 15 seconds to do that. I can edit cells, delete and add rows and columns, and do everything else. Just cutting, copying and pasting goes extremely slow.

Any ideas for me?

Thank you!

Joseph

Hi Joseph:

I would do the following ...

1) after saving whatever needs to be saved, I will close the Workbook in question; then reload the Workbook ... if it solves the problem DONE; otherwise to next step

2) close EXCEL, restart EXCEL, load up the Workbook ... if it solves the problem DONE; otherwise to next step

3) close EXCEL, close all other applications, restart EXCEL, load up the Workbook ... if it solves the problem DONE; otherwise to next step

4) close all applications, shut the computer down; restart the computer; start EXCEL, load up the Workbook ... if it solves the problem DONE; otherwise to next step

5) start looking for something more insidious ...

then let us know where you stand now and whether your problem is solved or not!

Yogi Anand, D.Eng, P.E.
Energy Efficient Building Network LLC

After checking further it happens in other applications as well. Restarting doesn't seem to help.

Can the clipboard have gotten messed up?

What kind of insidious thing were you thinking? :)

JD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back