Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

slow connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcLara

Technical User
Dec 7, 2001
US
I have a Dell 1.7gig Windows 2000 server. A client with the same spec but using windows 2000 professional. The two machines are connected via 10/100 HP switch. All network connection seems ok. I created a mapped drive so the application that I am using on the client can access the data on the server. I started the network monitor on the server while running the application on the client. The % network utilization is hardly increasing. The application is still running, but it is VERY VERY SLOW accessing the data. Is it possible to increase the network utilization?

You could try this...

Also, if you go to the properties of your network connection, and click "Configure" for your network adapter, look for an Advanced tab, containing options for your link speed. Try forcing it to 100mb Full mode on both machines.

Other than these two things, you should be fine... If you're still having the problem, try running other applications, see if its specific to that one app.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back