Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

slow connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingy17

Technical User
Jul 7, 2002
GB

I have a brand new Hayes v.92 modem that I use on a regular basis, but my connection is always 38,666bps no matter what time of the day I connect.

However, I have tried the modem on another computer and it connected first time at 45,333bps.

Does anyone know what could be limiting my connection speed, or what I could do to improve it?

regards

steve kings

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have a 56 k modem but it connects only at 41,2 kb. This is due to a bad telephone line. When my modem starts dialing I can hear a vibration in the background. The line is bad. I think this is the same with your telephone line.

Check if the phone cables are connected properly. You could ask your phone company for some help.

Good luck,

Pascal.

Hi kocky.To be honest i have bin on and off the phone to BT who are my phone company but all thay say is theres is nuffin wrong with my line so i give up.It dont matter anyway iam going over to broadband next week with freeserve.anyway thanx's for taken the time to post to my post

thanx's again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back