Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow Brick Levels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmanning

MIS
Nov 26, 2001
US
I am running BE8.6 on NT4.0 and here recently the brick level backups of our Exchange 5.5 servers are extremely slow(about 1.7 Mbpm, they normally run between 20 and 30Mbpm).

NAV is totally disabled on the BENT server, the exchange servers are set to MAPI instead of VAPI, NIC setting are 100Mbps/full-duplex, and still they are running slow. The rest of my jobs run normally. There also seem to be, all of the sudden, a lot of corrupt files that it is trying to backup (at least 5 or 6 per mailbox) and is skipping which is making me think that that is part of my problem. Any suggestions?

One of the suggestions is to change the Nic Settings from full to half-duplex. ( seems strange but it does work)
Also check to see if the switch that it's patched into is set to Auto or not, if it is and all your Lan segments are 100Mb/sec then change the setting.

I got my Exchange Admins to run a defrag on the Exchange databases and that seemed to speed things up considerably.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back