Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slow backup of W2k clients 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hendyman

MIS
Nov 6, 2002
GB
Ive got a well established networker 6.1 installation with mixed NT4.0 and solaris clients on a NT4.0 networker server. Ive recently added a W2K cluster to the network. On networker ive added the cluster client licences and configured new clients. They connect fine and will backup, but extremely slowley. Eg 50Kb/s against an NT box at 1800Kb/s on the same network segment and subnet.
Any thoughts ?

A common cause for this the nics set to auto. Make sure both the network switch and the nics are set to 100/Full.
/charles

Thanks for that charles. Ive checked the nics and the switch ports. All are set to 1000/full autoneg off. So my problem is still with me.

Have you tried creating a filesystem device on the Networker server and backing up from the W2K box to this?
What speed does this give?

Thanks for assist. I tried all the above with no luck. However the slow performance problem has been resolved by upgrading the networker client to version 6.1.2. According to the release notes a bug (LGTpa31323) was introduced in version 6.1 that affected w2k clients only, the bug was fixed in version 6.1.1.

many thanks to those who contributed to this thread.
regards
Hendyman

hi,

try the networker performance tools
bigasm
usam

for troubleshooting.

cyberted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor