Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

slow access to websites on server through ASA 5505

Status
Not open for further replies.

das50

ISP
Feb 6, 2010
US
I have a webserver running Server 2008 Std and Parallels Plesk control panel. If I remote (RDP)into this server and open a web browser and type "localhost", the default server page appears instantly. When I type in the "public ip" from a machine on the outside of the network the default server page is displayed but takes a minute or so to appear. The ASA appears to be causing this long delay.

I have a similar setup with another server but am using a Pix 501. I seem to recall that when Cisco setup my Pix they configured it so that the websites hosted on this server could not be accessed locally. I do not know if this has anything to do with it, but I thought I would mention this as well.

I have been unable to find anything out there that remotely addresses this situation and any help would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back