Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slipping around Win98/Novell Login on Small Business version?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHeighlund

Programmer
Jun 11, 2007
US
If this is in the wrong location, I humbly apologize, and request that I be informed of the correct place to post this message and request. Thank you.

I apologize if the title wasn't clear enough. I work as a programmer for a small company, and we do programming and server support for another larger company. A few days ago, one of the programs I had built was sent out to the client company, and apparently one of the .DLL files that InstallShield put on it somehow damaged one of the Novell files...although the problem has only shown up on Win98 boxes so far, not WinXP boxes.

I haven't seen the actual problem myself, but according to my boss, the Win98 boxes are freezing up during the time that the Novell Login appears on the screen; apparently, it's not possible to either log in, or to ignore and simply log in to Windows.

I do not, at this moment, know which file is the problem, although I hope to find out soon. But, in the meantime, does anyone know of a way to slip behind the Novell Login setup so as to reinstall a good copy of the file when we're sure we've got one?

Thank you for your consideration.

Edit:

File in question is called NOVELLDP.DLL, and the 98/XP divide seems to be because it is used on 98 boxes and not XP boxes. I went looking for it on my own XP development box, as well as an old 98 development box kept around for the C compiler sitting on it. Anyone have any clues as to what I could have done in my program that might have mucked it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back