Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SLIPD and LOSFA silps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlroeder

Technical User
Sep 18, 2009
US
I have been taking SLIPD and LOSFA slips for some time now and I'm not sure why. My timing is comming from the T1 on loop 2 and my sl100 is showing no timing slips. I have noticed in my old notes under ld 60 when I stat the ssck 0 it showed:
CLOCK ACTIVE
CLOCK CONTROLLER-LOCKED TO SLOT 2
PREF-2
SREF-FREE RUN
AUTO SWREF CLK-ENBL

Now I'm geting:
CLOCK ACTIVE
CLOCK CONTROLLER-TRACK ON SLOT 2
PREF-2
SREF-FREE RUN
AUTO SWREF CLK- ENBLRRRRRR

One says LOCKED and the other says TRACK? Could this be the cause of my slips? Please break it down, I havn't gone to school for this switch yet.

Try issuing the command TRCK PCK in LD 60 and see what you get.

What is that going to do? Slot 2 is the only trunk I have.

It will tell the system to track on the primary clock, which is loop 2. It may change the status on the clock to Locked instead of Track, I thought you asked for help?

I did but if I'm going to perform a command I would like to now what the command will do and if it will cause an outage. Any help I get is greatly appreciated.

that command will force the clock to lock onto slot 2, it will not cause an outage..

Well no luck. This is what I have now.

ssck 0
ENBL
CLOCK ACTIVE
CLOCK CONTROLLER-DTI061
PREF-2
SREF-FREE RUN
AUTO SWREF CLK-ENBLRRRRRR

DTI0061 Supposed to track on primary but hardware is free run.
Action:
Severity: Info. Critical to Monitor: Yes. SNMP trap: Yes

I'm guessing you have an issue with your carrier, but that's just a guess. You are going to need a simple loop back plug or some test equipment to go any further. You could also try switching clocks and see if the trouble clears. The command is SWCK in Ld 60. What kind of clock controllers do you have?

Not sure. I know I only have one. How can I find out.

I do know it is a daughter board on my T1 card.

It would actually be an NTAK20. Is it an NTAK09 or TMDI card? Either way it will have that clock controller.

I agree with KCFLHRC
If this has been going on a while, I would say you need to get with the telco and have them at least do some none intrusive testing at this time, to see if they see an issue. If that does not do it, you may need to have them come in during off hours to test more thoroughly.

Well, I'm at a loss. Verizon tested it good and we have been monitoring it for several days now at our site with a T-Berd. No slips?

Trust me, someone did something, but they will never admit to it.

Maybe I misunderstood your post, is the clocking still a problem or did it clear up?

KCFLHRC? Now you know the LEC would always tell you if they fixed something. They wouldn't possibly deny doing anything

:)

Pure Magic....that's how you get dialtone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back