Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

slimeline recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

macphoneguy

IS-IT--Management
Feb 21, 2002
US

I have some standard wall phones, they are changing to the sign to include Braile lettering
the Braile lettering is really close to where the RJ-11W sits and the phone covers part of the lettering, is there a slimline/trimline
that has a low profile relative to the jack ?

Interesting. The telephone has to accommodate the sign placement. Seems a bit backwards thinking.

I wasn't able to preview the sign before they gave it to me

says page isnt loading, does the site like firefox or safari better ?

Seems almost none of their internal pages work, maybe because they are doing maintenance this weekend.

I assume you mean they are installing a sign and it barley fits between the jack and the door frame therefore you need a slimmer phone but the questions are:
what measurements?
-how far can the phone extend on each side of the jack?
-what size phone is there now?
-Is there room to play with on the opposite side of the jack?
-What durability level?
-Ring down or dial pad?
-Privacy call or just a call button with speaker?

This phone is durable and slimish - available on US sites also
It appears looking at it (no specs on site) that since a jack is about 3/4 inches larger than a standard keypad that phone appears to look like it might extend about a half inch or so on each side of the jack.
It might also be possible to take the jack off the wall, have a jack insert and mod cord dangle inside the hole and offset the wall mount a little if needing a tad more room (given rear brackets separates from the phone like a old traditional 2554's)

And hate to to say this in a good way...no curlycord.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

to answer some of your Questions,
the Wall Jack is a standard RJ11-W with the mounting lugs on the top and bottom,
the opening of the sign has about 1/4 inch on either side
there are a couple issues, from the top of the opening in the sign, it is 1 1/2 inches to the bottom of the braile lettering they are having on the sign,
we had been using the standard 2554 wall phone however the height of the top of the 2554 covers the bottom 2 lines of braille lettering, from a realistic standpoint of someone reading the Braille you need 1 inch from the last line to the top of the phone,
the Cortelco 2354 would work however they quit making those several years ago and there isnt a direct replacement for it (at least not that I have found) I have been using some cortelco 6150, however that requires modifing the sign (taking a 1 inch piece out of the bottom of the opening to slide it up
as to what I am looking for in a replacement is
1. something that is durable,
2. will be ADA friendly aka stick out no more then 4 inches, which the viking ones did,
3. has a dial pad allowing the user to dial numbers listed on the sign,
I have looked at asimitel, I am moving away from the armoured handset cords as it is More of a Pain then what it is worth, (as I get frequent complaints about not being heard I have looked at scitec and teledex, however using either of them would require Re-engineering the sign because of the Braille

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back