Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slightly OT - IE caching issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

meckeard

Programmer
Aug 17, 2001
US
Sorry if this is a bit off topic as it relates to viewing my PDF through Internet Explorer (IE), but I can't seem to find a solution anywhere else.

I have made some changes to a PDF file that I created but can't see the changes when I view the document through Internet Explorer v6.0. I can see the changes if I use IE from a different PC that has NOT viewed this document prior to the changes.

I cleared my cookies and temp files and made sure the browser was set to always get a fresh copy each trip. Still no luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mark

Install version 7 of Acrobat Reader.

I am so useless with helping people here, but that is the first thing I would try. I've had some PCs here not be able to open anything in IE until I upgraded to 7.0. I have no idea why.

Maybe I'm looking at it wrong because I can't read that well but sure sounds like you're not opening the same file in both places. You say file will open not that it won't so there is nothing 'mechanically' wrong. You say you've made changes that others can see so they're being saved with file. But when you open the file the changes aren't there. Just seems like it ain't the same file.
But not to be too silly in response, you can try turning off or on Display PDFs in Browser and Check Browser settings... (in adobe - Crtl+K - internet) depending on which way it is now set. Also, compare settings between working and non working devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back