Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slight Problem with number format when calculating days. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

roaml

Technical User
Feb 19, 2002
US
Hello,

I wonder if someone has a solution for me. I am using the following function to calculate the number of days a workorder has been open.

=DAYS360(H3:H5752,TODAY())

I would like to prefill the function for 5000 rows. I am getting this 5 digit number (38191) when I copy and paste the formula to prefill the 5000 rows. Is there a way to hide the 5 digit number or format it to "0"? I have tried the format function, but I can't seem to find the right format to use.

Thanks.

Hi,

In row 3...
[tt]
=DAYS360(H3,TODAY())
[/tt]
then copy down thru your 5000 rows.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] For those this winter, caught in Arctic-like calamity, be consoled...
Many are cold, but few are frozen![tongue][/sub]

Hi Skip,

That formula works, but if the row is blank and there is no data in Row H3, the row with the function fills the rows with the number "38191". This is fine if I can hide the number or format it to a zero. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

=IF(H3="","",DAYS360(H3,TODAY()))

Just gotta help out the master (Skip) once in a while ...not that he needs help, but he could be "busy as usual" ;-)

Regards, Dale Watson

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

You two are the best. Thanks for helping out Skip. This stuff can drive a person to drink :)

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back