Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slideshow and blank pics...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodukes

Technical User
Oct 10, 2006
US
I am trying to do a slideshow thing with audio and transitions and I think I have it down but everytime i go there are just some pictures that end up coming out blank, like there was nothing in the timeline. Is this because of a particular transition or why does this happen? I fix some and then the others do this....argh!! Also Id like to export it to make a dvd and play it on a real dvd player, so far no luck. I have tried various exports and also have nero with that dvd maker plug in thing, can anybody help? I have premiere 6.0 by the way....

You don't give any hint about the size and type of still image you are using.

However, in general you will do better to downsize large images outside Premiere (ideally to project frame size unless there is some reason (eg zooming in) to have larger images, and to use PSD or TIFF instead of JPG on the timeline if you are having problems like those you describe.

The problem started a long time ago, and is still not completely fixed even in the latest versions of Premiere. With large numbers of large images, it appears that memory or other limits are reached which gives the unpredictable and frustrating results that you and many others have experienced.

Well somehow i did it and turned it into a dvd, the pics just stayed after i went back one by one to replace them and turns out i needed to update my nero in order to mak the dvd video...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back