Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Slicing and Vertical Stretching

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am trying to use the splice tool to create a vertically stretched or flexible content table.

My image has a header which should be able to include content. A content table that I want to have the capability of allowing multiple lines of text. And a footer.

The problem I am having is, if after splicing and exporting to an htm/asp file, I insert more than one line of code it doesn't "stretch" on the left and right. It's the 1 px by 1 px that makes up the sides of the box.

How can I make it where my image can allow vertical flexibility? Thank you in advance as this is an urgent question!!!!

Hey Woodson,

Your question is a little vague, but I would like to try to help. Please give more information if this is of no help which I suspect it won't be.

When you export this into HTML, it is in the form of a table, correct?

As I understand it the table would be divided into cells with the top row being "Header" Middle Row "Content" and Bottom row "Footer".

When you complain of inserting more than one line of code, I assume this would be into the "Content". By saying that it does not "stretch" on the left and right, I can only picture column cells to the left and right of the "Content" with the shim.gif contained within them. These cells can expand vertically as you add content to the "Content" you would need to give them an appropriate BG Color If needed.

If you could post this problem online for a better idea of what you are talking about or be more specific I'd be happy to try to help.
Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back