Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sleeping Monitor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishbait

MIS
Jan 9, 2002
US
I posted a question a few weeks ago concerning my monitor that would occasionally not come back on following hibernation. This forced me to perform a hard reboot to fix. I received several good suggestions but none worked that would leave the machine on hibernation rather than screen saver.

I changed power management settings for everything to shut off in 30 mins, eg. monitor, hard drive and standby. The monitor was previously shutting down before the hard drive. This apparently fixed the problem for me. Thought I would pass it on.

Fishbait

Thanx Fishbait, I recall the question. Have a star and thank you for taking the time to inform us. It's things like this that really helps us and sometimes others who may be experiencing the same problem and thought it insurmountable. Regards
Phil

Please let us (Tek-tips members) know if the answers we give are helpful to you. Without your feedback we don't know if the answer was correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back