Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SLA problem on 616 Flex switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

drdick

Technical User
Jan 6, 2004
US
Have a 616 Flex with a SLA. Everything has worked fine for a long time. Switch is on a surge protector. Had a power outage and at about the same time AT&T had a 25 pair cable torn loose down the street that took out one of my CO's which had DSL and voice.

NOw my answering machine which is on the SLA doesn't pick up the calls when it rings. Can make calls out on the phone. Not sure if it's another coincidence and the wiring is messed up or if the SLA isn't working right.

Any help would be apprciated.

Thanks,
dick

Forgot to ask in post if the phone company guy reversed polarity when he fixed the 25 pair cable could that cause my SLA problem?

No. The SLA is an attachment on an analog extension of your 616. It has the same polarity it had before the cable was cut.

Put an SLT on the adapter and see if it rings. Those are 2-port devices, so try the other port if you don't get the first port to work. In the course of testing it, be sure that you unplug it and plug it back in and review the ringing assignments.

LkEErie

Thanks for the help.

figured out the problem. The trunk cables got reversed when the phone tech took them off to try my spare switch. Once I switched them back everything works...got them labeled now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back