Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SLA Monitor with ASA

Status
Not open for further replies.

North323

Technical User
Jan 13, 2009
US
has anyone had experience with using sla monitor with asa?
sla monitor 123
type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho 172.x.x.x interface ABCD
num-packets 3
frequency 10

sla monitor schedule 123 life forever start-time now
track 1 rtr 123 reachability

and always have the primary route removed from the table, thus using the second route. where i did a show sla mon oper and was in a timeout/busy state?

I've not experienced any issues when using the SLA monitor

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

Checking "show track 1" reports "Reachability is down", having timed-
out.
Routing failed to locate next hop for icmp from NP Identity Ifc:172.x.x.x/0 to inside:172.x.x.x/0

is this becuase i am using private IP's?
this is pretty much my exact issue, sorry for posting another board url, but im desperate:

so you're doing it across a VPN tunnel??

I hate all Uppercase... I don't want my groups to seem angry at me all the time! =)
- ColdFlame (vbscript forum)

i sure am...does that change your opinion? the set up is sort of unique in that the asa is using a trunk port with a private 172.16 vlan and public 12.56 vlan. it looks like its failing because the next hop for 172.16.x.x is not a router. the ISP is using vlan tagging for the private side. can i use sla monitor in any other way? like be able to ping something else?

or maybe a better question is what is the difference between these two sla's?
sla monitor 123
type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho 172.1.2.3 interface ABCD
num-packets 3
frequency 10

sla monitor 123
type echo protocol ipIcmpEcho 172.1.10.10 source-ipaddr 172.1.2.3
timeout 1000
threshold 2
frequency 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search