Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SL8500 w/multiple libraries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpr

Technical User
Jan 2, 2004
US
I am trying to get information on splitting up the SL8500 library into multiple libraries. I was unable to contact my sales rep, systems engineer, or customer engineer. Perhaps it is a Sun holiday?

Anyway, I want to split up the SL8500 into 4 libraries. Each of the 4 library partitions will be behind different firewalls. The backup solution is Symantec's NetBackup. Each protected network will have its own master server and a slew of media servers. How is this done? Will I need 4 separate ACSLS servers or will one be able to handle it? If one can handle it then will I need separate Network cards for each protected network? Will I need to get a separate ACSLS server for each protected network?

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Hey Bob,
I believe you need to have a NIC for each Network segment and open those ports on the ACSLS server. I do not have all the details but can look them up later on in the evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back